April is, indeed, the cruelest month . . .

And:

It's National Poetry Month!

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge: Every Day a Poem - Challenge

That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions: How to Join

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

Seriously: how prolific are you?

A place for creativity
Divergence for lateral thinkers

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

User avatar
riverwriter
Site Admin
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Cornwall, Ontario (Canada)
Contact:

Seriously: how prolific are you?

Postby riverwriter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I mean at poetry writing, Agnes.

I am currently writing four novels, since I have found that if I focus on one at a time, I burn myself out on it and never finish.

When I am in poetry writing mode, my output varies. I posted poetry on my blog daily, along with poems I wrote for a couple of forums I participated in, for several years. That left my blog with about 1,100 poems. I have not written more than a handful of poems in the past three years, while I revved up my novel writing.

I posted something like 70,000 words for my NaNoWriMo effort this past November. It is one of the novels I am working on at present.

This morning, I started revising a poem which is hanging around as a draft that I hope to post here soon, if I can get it to a readable state.

Then there was my play writing period . . .

And before that my reviewing period . . .

And before that, my professional article period . . .

User avatar
Agnes
Renga Wrangler
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Re: Seriously: how prolific are you?

Postby Agnes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm

riverwriter wrote:I mean at poetry writing, Agnes.

I am currently writing four novels, since I have found that if I focus on one at a time, I burn myself out on it and never finish.

When I am in poetry writing mode, my output varies. I posted poetry on my blog daily, along with poems I wrote for a couple of forums I participated in, for several years. That left my blog with about 1,100 poems. I have not written more than a handful of poems in the past three years, while I revved up my novel writing.

I posted something like 70,000 words for my NaNoWriMo effort this past November. It is one of the novels I am working on at present.

This morning, I started revising a poem which is hanging around as a draft that I hope to post here soon, if I can get it to a readable state.

Then there was my play writing period . . .

And before that my reviewing period . . .

And before that, my professional article period . . .



In my recent dry spell, which lasted about a year, I wrote two poems. I think. But I've probably written 100 poems (maybe more, though I haven't actually counted) in the last 3 or 4 months. Now, whether or not any of them are worth a spoon of spit, I can't say. Sometimes just to actually be writing is enough. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

:smt003

User avatar
Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, U.S.

Re: Seriously: how prolific are you?

Postby Cat Sith » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Agnes wrote:In my recent dry spell, which lasted about a year, I wrote two poems. I think. But I've probably written 100 poems (maybe more, though I haven't actually counted) in the last 3 or 4 months. Now, whether or not any of them are worth a spoon of spit, I can't say. Sometimes just to actually be writing is enough. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.


They are as good as ever, some better than ever. Now if we can just get you to open mic....

You are both very impressive as far as prolific goes.

User avatar
riverwriter
Site Admin
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Cornwall, Ontario (Canada)
Contact:

Re: Seriously: how prolific are you?

Postby riverwriter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm

WordSith wrote:You are both very impressive as far as prolific goes.


I don't know if you can call my addiction to writing "impressive" (sigh). I write because I have to.

User avatar
olson29
Renga Wrangler
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm
Location: Aotearoa, California, Louisiana, Florida

Re: Seriously: how prolific are you?

Postby olson29 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am

really love all the posts here :D
you are poetry


Return to “Chitter Chatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest