And:

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge:
That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions:

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

Question re: appropriate language for this group

Anything (within reason) goes...

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lauracatherine2
Vicar of Villanelles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question re: appropriate language for this group

Postby lauracatherine2 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:38 am

I've been writing some poems about desire and some of them are "sexually evocative"...lovely small descriptive pieces, but occasionally the "c" word is included. There are moments when it is what it is...

Will these poems be welcomed here?

Laura

Okieload
Sestina Slinger

Postby Okieload » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:10 pm

I can't speak for the list facilitator, but profane language used for a specific, relevant reason doesn't bother me.

Shaun

Gary
Tanka Tinkerer

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:53 am

comb?
calendar?
coffee?
cake?

nope, still can't guess...

Seriously, we have no hard and fast rules. I'd say if you'd get up in a bookstore and read it, go ahead.

My only caveats (and it's more of a hypothetical than anything else, doesn't sound like it applies to what you want to do, just stating it to anyone concerned while I have the floor):

1) Right now we don't have a lot of rules.
2) Don't make me write a lot of rules. I don't have the time or the temperment.
3) Beyond a certain level of saturation, erotic content on the web unfortunately attracts weirdos. Unfortunate fact of life. Also, beyond a certain point, hosting providers have it in their contract that they can pull the plug on you if you're deemed to be providing adult content. Not just for a few "dirty words," but for erotica and/or significant quantities of nekked pictures. Not because they're not free thinkers, but because there are different bandwidth costs and liability exposures with hosting "adult content." So for that reason:
4) Some day I may delete or lock a post because - I don't like the direction it's headed on caveats 1-3. Please don't go all First Amendment on me - just google "erotica" and find another direction to head. I've heard there are a few boards out there like that.

But no, lauracatherine2 (and what happened to lauracatherine1?), I have no problem with the c, f, j, p, or v word(s) in poetry subbed on the forum, as long as the foregoing is kept in mind.

(edit - I thought this was a worthwhile question, so I, ah, made it

sticky. :oops: )

lauracatherine2
Vicar of Villanelles

Postby lauracatherine2 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:11 pm

Thank you for replying Gary, I was going to wait for the "c" word poem until I had some feedback from the site admins...and your response is along the lines that I thought it would be..."go ahead, but please don't make this nice little forum a hotbed for horny teenagers, creepy lonely guys, the FBI, FDA, FHA, etc., or I will pull the plug."

Googling erotica is too rich for my blood! I chose the word "desire" as a description for what I am doing to distinguish if from erotica, although sometimes I want my poems to create that pleasant warming sensation...to delight, but not ignite...

So, since I am working on a series of these, I will go ahead with a couple more, most PG13, but won't swamp you.

Thanks all,

Laura

PS. sure wish I knew who lauracatherine #1 is...she was on the internet first with my name way back in the 90's! I know I could take her if she would just show herself.

therealcoyboy
Pantoum Pounder

Postby therealcoyboy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Remove me from this site! By the end of the week...Please
Last edited by therealcoyboy on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gary
Tanka Tinkerer

Postby Gary » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 pm

therealcoyboy
Pantoum Pounder

Postby therealcoyboy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:21 pm

What is an analogy
American Haiku

Praying mantis is
Blending within deadly stealth
Unsuspecting death

Gary
Tanka Tinkerer

Postby Gary » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:16 pm

Wikipedia says an analogy is:

...both the cognitive process of transferring information from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process.

In other words, an analogy is a thing you compare to another thing, hoping your correspondent catches the drift.

Er, why?

Return to “General Discussion”