And:

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge:
That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions:

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

Getting board error messages? Post them here.

Anything (within reason) goes...

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

garsy
Tanka Tinkerer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby garsy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi, this sounds like a problem I had early on as a new member. I had the following error message come up each time I attempted to post or PM or e-mail to Zeugma:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access/posting on this php.server.
Additionally a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle this request.

Appache 1.3.39 server at zeugma.riverwriter. (self: in this case) ca.port 80

I was able to log on and read postings, though.
I tried logging of and on again. My connection was ok.
I tried to submit a post using a friend's computer but got the same problem and error message mentioned above up.
I was able to access the internet in all other areas.
(I think it was possible that the automated login did not function at one stage - but not certain if this was realy the case).
When I did on occassion get through it was as a reply to a post or an e-mail. When I tried to post 'coldly' as it were, I couldn't.
I am now wondering if permission is refused when Copy and Paste are used! Could these functions be embedding code which Zeugma's data base is defaulting to refusing permission to accessing it's server?
I attempted to Copy and Paste this message from a saved Wordpad Doc and found it would not submit, the 404 error message appeared! So, I have typed all this out in the message boared rather than use Copy and Paste to see if THIS gets through!
Crossed fingers.....
Chow4now,
Garsy

brandelfly
Sestina Slinger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby brandelfly » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Oh! I was so hopeful you were on to something. So I just typed out the poem I was trying to submit instead of cutting and pasting and still got the same error message.

Seems like the fates simply won't allow me to do this!

garsy
Tanka Tinkerer

Postby garsy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Bare with it. I was out in the cold for five days or so, but like the spy, eventually came in to the warm!
I doubted embedded code was the cause, but it nearly always happened when I copied and pasted. As was the case earlier today.
It is likely the server is v. busy.
The people at Zeugma will sort things out for you, they are v. good.
I look foreward to seeing you post soon.
Chow4now,

Garsy

Gary
Tanka Tinkerer

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:39 am

Sorry, I've been out of town. I'm PMing riverwriter with an idea.

Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler

Re: Getting board error messages? Post them here.

Postby Cat Sith » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:58 pm

I can no longer see many of the avatars on the board. I'm on a Mac, but I don't recall having this problem until more recently. Perhaps since our little blackout? I can see Agnes, but not Alan, for example. I can see River, and Ravi, but not Olson. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

riverwriter
Site Admin

Re: Getting board error messages? Post them here.

Postby riverwriter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Return to “General Discussion”