And:

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge:
That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions:

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

ghazal

Anything (within reason) goes...

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Agnes
Renga Wrangler

ghazal

Postby Agnes » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Nate
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks for posting this, Agnes...

Jabberwhacky

Postby Jabberwhacky » Mon May 01, 2006 10:11 pm

Heartening to see these being posted here. Thank you for this Agnes. I've always wondered about links for rhyming though....but then the same argument should apply for using a thesaurus too. If one was a novice, one would easily be found out. Not that anyone seems to mind.

~ r

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

Postby Agnes » Mon May 01, 2006 10:24 pm

[quote="ravi"]Heartening to see these being posted here. Thank you for this Agnes. I've always wondered about links for rhyming though....but then the same argument should apply for using a thesaurus too. If one was a novice, one would easily be found out. Not that anyone seems to mind.

~ r[/quote]

You mean wondered about links to rhyming dictionaries or wondered about using rhyming dictionaries themselves? These are the first rhyming dictionaries I've ever seen. I've never used them before, though I might someday. I've always just ABC'd my way through finding rhymes...crimes, chimes, dimes, grimes, limes, mimes....

I have used a thesaurus before, but not lately.

Agnes

Jabberwhacky

Postby Jabberwhacky » Tue May 02, 2006 5:01 am

The use of rhyming tools in general...you mean they have actually written books which go anime, blime, chime, dime...???
The Muse is an excuse. Write?

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

Postby Agnes » Tue May 02, 2006 9:56 am

[quote="ravi"]The use of rhyming tools in general...you mean they have actually written books which go anime, blime, chime, dime...???[/quote]

Well, I reckon so. There's a Scrabble dictionary; why not a rhyme dictionary? Anime doesn't really rhyme with dime, unless you're talking sight rime...er rhyme. I don't know that any of the dictionaries I posted links to do sight rhyme. I googled and found a dictionary that does do sight rhyme, though. Software program.

http://www.purpleroom.com/software/screenshots.cfm

Agnes

Jabberwhacky

Postby Jabberwhacky » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 pm

I know re anime, I was just being knotty.

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

Postby Agnes » Tue May 02, 2006 2:37 pm

[quote="ravi"]I know re anime, I was just being knotty.[/quote]

Texture's good. Ya gotta watch out for people carrying tracing paper and chalk, though. Touchy-feely. Touchy-feely.

Agnes

Jabberwhacky

Postby Jabberwhacky » Tue May 02, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah, let's play it by the ear.....or hand as the case may be .

agraceblue
Renga Wrangler

Postby agraceblue » Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 am

Yeppers - got Rhyming Dictionaries - one of the best Clement Wood's Rhyming Dictionary - Discussions about the use of Thesarus, or rhyming dictionaries leave me cross eyed - no mechanic whould hesitate to use a better tool. No painter would use an inferior brush if he had a choice. No Chef would cook with other than the best ingredients he could find. But writers? We have to keep reinventing the wheel because we are so damned pure. What Poppycock. Use every tool you can find. Agraceblue.

Jabberwhacky

Postby Jabberwhacky » Wed May 03, 2006 3:58 pm

" What Poppycock. Use every tool you can find"

Spoken like a tru blu pro Agrace. I am so sure you do it all the time, use your, or any tool rather, that you can find.
The Muse is an excuse. Write?

agraceblue
Renga Wrangler

Postby agraceblue » Wed May 03, 2006 4:53 pm

:lol: You don't know me well enough to make a slanted "argumentum ad hominum" about my "tool." But I am honored to receive your approbation even if the compliment was left handed and meant to damn with faint praise. I sleep better at night knowing my bullshit detector is still functioning. Agraceblue

Return to “General Discussion”