April is, indeed, the cruelest month . . .

And:

It's National Poetry Month!

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge: Every Day a Poem - Challenge

That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions: How to Join

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

Draft lost by time out

Anything (within reason) goes...

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

riverwriter
Site Admin

Draft lost by time out

Postby riverwriter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 pm

CharmS wrote:Hello, I just wrote a long, thoughtful, positive critique of your poem and when I hit submit the webpage had expired. I have tried to get it back but can't. The Save Draft option was on,I'll keep trying. Can anyone help me?

This is unfortunate, but it is a limitation of the software. A year or so ago, we were having a problem caused by a default timeout that was definitely too short. To correct the problem, I reset the default timeout to the longest that the program would allow, approximately 24 hours. If you have been logged into Zeugma for about a day, you should logout and login before undertaking to write a long post.

One strategy that you might try, if you suspect that the program has timed out while you're writing a long post, is to select all the text you have written (press CTRL-A to do this), then copy it to the clipboard (press CTRL-C to do this). That way, if a post has timed out, you can login, opened the Reply window for the thread, and paste your text in (press CTRL-V to do this). Now you can submit your post, and nothing is lost

CharmS

Re: Draft lost by time out

Postby CharmS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks ever so much for the response & information. This is very helpful. I wasn't logged in anywhere close to 24 hours, but maybe between one & two hours. Best, CharmS

CharmS

Postby CharmS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

PS After I hit SUBMIT on the previous post, I again got an "expired" message that my draft was lost. I can see that my post went through, and I don't need a draft, but thought I'd let you know.

riverwriter
Site Admin

Postby riverwriter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

Were you clicking on "Save Draft" instead of "Submit"?

If so, you can retrieve your draft as follows: open the thread in question, click on "POST REPLY", and you will note that there is an extra button, "Load Draft". After you click on that, you will note that the there is a frame above the blank editing window. If you click on the title of that, your draft will open in the editing screen, and you can proceed to add, edit or submit.

I hope that resolves your problem.

Return to “General Discussion”