April is, indeed, the cruelest month . . .

And:

It's National Poetry Month!

Members: Check out Cat Sith's Challenge: Every Day a Poem - Challenge

That is why you should join Zeugma. We're strong enough to help.

For instructions: How to Join

Prose writers welcome, too! It's all write . . .

2010 in pictures

Anything (within reason) goes...

Moderators: Gary, riverwriter, Poetry Moderators

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

2010 in pictures

Postby Agnes » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 am

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/1 ... f=homepage

You might find a poem in one of these. It's a 4-part series. There are some amazing photos. Disturbing ones, too, like the matador getting gored through the chin. :shock: Holy crap. Can't believe he survived that.

Agnes

Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler

Re: 2010 in pictures

Postby Cat Sith » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 pm

I was thinking that too and had actually saved a few photos to my desktop earlier hoping to find a poem or story in them. (I love my Mac, just drag and drop :) )

I'm so glad you shared this. Which ones stood out for you? I picked the bald eagle, the man in front of the drill bit, the painted toes on top of the little people, the boy with the toy gun, and the 'brother' who looks like some sort of weird rift in the universe.

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

Postby Agnes » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

WordSith wrote:I was thinking that too and had actually saved a few photos to my desktop earlier hoping to find a poem or story in them. (I love my Mac, just drag and drop :) )

I'm so glad you shared this. Which ones stood out for you? I picked the bald eagle, the man in front of the drill bit, the painted toes on top of the little people, the boy with the toy gun, and the 'brother' who looks like some sort of weird rift in the universe.

The eagle, yes. The woman in Haiti with the vomit on her face. The guy walking through the bodies. The woman in Africa? with the tribal facial scars. The bull goring that matador through the throat. Wow. And the toes, yes. I liked that one.

I'll have to remember to check back next week for the last batch.

Speaking of photos, I don't know if I ever shared this site: http://tomclarkblog.blogspot.com/ He posts some great pics. Historical stuff. And art. Check it out. You'll like it. Every now and then he stuffs in some poetry.
http://tomclarkblog.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... merci.html

In the same vein, this woman posts a poem inspired by a picture every weekday, along with a link to the pic.
http://thestorialist.blogspot.com/

Agnes :smt006

Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler

Postby Cat Sith » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:12 pm

You picked another of my favorites, the woman with the vomit on her face. I stared at that one for a really long time as the story sunk in. The ash around her eyes. Amazing whoever captured that shot. The tribal scars are incredible too. I didn't see the man walking through the bodies, one of those graphic ones I won't click. I'm too afraid. The images burn too deeply into my mind sometimes, affect me physically. Weird how that can even happen, in another time-space. Is like time travel in a sense I guess. It's so real. I mean it is real, these things really happen. I'll check out Tom Clark when I return, probably tomorrow. AFK for the night.

Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler

Postby Cat Sith » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Some more 2010 pictures, these from National Geographic. Amazing.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/p ... finalists/

Not sure if these are 2010, but still very inspiring.
http://photography.nationalgeographic.c ... e-culture/
Last edited by Cat Sith on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agnes
Renga Wrangler

Postby Agnes » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Some real nice pics.

Agnes

olson29
Renga Wrangler

Postby olson29 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:09 pm

loved loved loved this. I am a photo guy. The 1st one made me cry. loved the one with the tear, son and mother. The creataing with the tibetan monks, that was the type of photos I love. So many were phenomenal. Teh congo volcano, wow, that place is such a fascination to me! Mexico. The Chilean with the flag after the earthquake.
you are poetry

olson29
Renga Wrangler

Postby olson29 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Part 2! The kid with the flies in his mouth, Kansas, Cambodia acid, so sad, no one deserves that.
Cuba (love that pic), bikes, china oil whoa, pakistan, Russia, weather, the two army guys!
The matador survived, Im speechless, The Guatemalan sinkhole will forever blow my mind.
The sinkhole!
I loved the Chilean miner and his wife, gossebumps and more and more.
Klitschko is a badass, love that guy.
Israeli motorist,
the koreans, so nuancefilled
Mars!
Argentina photo is beautiful.
The Giants!
The picture of the woman in england at the music festival, yes
you are poetry

Cat Sith
Renga Wrangler

Postby Cat Sith » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Perhaps we can do a photo poem challenge thingy? Post one pic in a thread and then anyone who is inspired by that photo post a poem to go with it? I think it would be fun. Photo of the week sort of thing? I'd be happy to put them up each week. Maybe it will even inspire some for the critique boards.

Return to “General Discussion”